L C Real Estate Ltd (we/us/our) is committed to protecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller. You can access the Register of Data Controllers by visiting the Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.co.uk. Our registration is ZA321387.
Information we may collect from you
Personal data includes without limitation information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and other details.
We collect and use any information that you voluntarily provide to us. You may provide such information by:
- Accessing our website at www.davidcurrie.co.uk (Website)
- Using the Website
- Registering with the Website
- Enquiring about, downloading or using information, documents, brochures, reports and other materials of any kind publish made available via the Website.
We may also collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, posting material to the Website and requesting other services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record that correspondence and your correspondence address
- Information that we may ask you for if you enter any competition or promotion featured on the Website or if you report a problem with the Website
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website or as a result of you having used the Website.
- Details of your use of the Materials
- Details of your visits to the Website (including but not limited to, traffic date, location data, weblogs and other communications whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
Storage of your personal data
We will do our best to protect your personal data and we will use technology that will help us to do this. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit from the Website. Any transmission of your information to the Website is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we provide you with (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
We will keep your personal data only for a responsible time to enable us to use if for the purposes described in this Policy.
Use of your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To enable you to effectively use the Website and the material
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer
- For internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic marketing plan
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where applicable, when you choose to do so.
- To carry out or enable the carrying out of any contracts that may form between us or between you and a seller or landlord
- To respond to queries you may make and
- To notify you about changes to the material and to the services and information available via the Website.
- We will not sell or rent any information about our visitors, and we have no plans to do so.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data as follows:
- To estate agents, sellers and landlords if you have expressed interest in a property.
- To any of our service providers or agents including (without limitation) those engaged by us to provide customer support to providers in any promotions that we may from time to time organise, database administrators engaged by us from time and partner charities
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any obligation or government requirement or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or to protect our rights. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
In disclosing your personal data in any of circumstances described above, we may need to send your personal data outside European Economic Area (EEA) to a country whose laws may not provide adequate levels of protection to personal data.
When you submit your personal data to us via and by using the Website, you are giving your consent to the use of the person the manner described in this Policy and to the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA to a country or territory whose law provides adequate levels of protection to personal data.
Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may also collect information using cookies. When you visit our Website, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” a small text file or files which the Website places on your computer to identify and to store information about your use and navigation of the Website. Cookies enable us to:
- Estimate our Website’s audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, which allows us to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and
- Recognise you when you return to the Website.
Access to your personal data
Your privacy is of huge importance to us. All emails or other forms of communication directly from us to you will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe. You have certain rights including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. These rights include the right to correct, right to erasure, right to restrict, right to data portability and right to object.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you’re not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us, then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You should check this page from time to time to take notice of any amendments we make.
If you have any questions, comments or requests you have about this Policy please contact Andrea Shackleton firstname.lastname@example.org